- சிறார்களுக்கும் பெரியவர்களுக்குமான தமிழ் மற்றும் சைவ சித்தாந்த வகுப்புகள். நான்கு வயதிற்கு மேற்பட்ட யாவரும் இணையலாம்.
- பாடசாலை விடுமுறை நாட்கள் , கோயில் திருவிழா, அண்மையில் உள்ள கோயில்களின் தேர், மாவீரர் நாள் போன்றவை அமையும் ஞாயிற்றுக் கிழமைகள் தவிர்ந்த எல்லா ஞாயிறு நாட்களிலும் வகுப்புகள் நடைபெறும்.
- தேர்வில் பங்கு கொள்ளும் அனைத்துச் சிறார்களுக்கும், பெரியவர்களுக்கும் உரிய பரிசுகள் வழங்கப்படும்.
வகுப்புகள் இலகு தமிழில் நடைபெறும். தேவையான இடங்களில் ஆங்கில விளக்கம் கொடுக்கப்படும்.
சைவ சித்தாந்த வகுப்பு , பண்ணிசை வகுப்புகள்
Coventry Siva Muthumariamman Devasthanam Vedic Heritage activities include regularly scheduled classes in Hinduism and religious studies. The classes are conducted in the rooms located in the main building of the Temple. Other activities includes a week long summer camp, occasional seminars, the annual Vidyalaya Day etc.
All the classes are offered free of charge. The teachers volunteer their time. If you are interested in teaching or helping with any of the above activities, please contact us.
Coventry Parent and Student Guidelines
- Please make sure that the students bring their class material that is appropriately labeled, and ensure that they bring crayons for coloring.
- Parents may be required to sit in the class room along with their kids aged less than 5 years.
- SMD Gurukulam teachers reserve the right to ask the student to stop coming to classes following three consecutive unjustified absences. Hence, parents are requested to promptly inform class teacher for absence from any class.
- Students are expected to arrive 10 minutes before the class time. Students entering after the start of class may be granted late entry as per the teacher’s discretion to avoid disturbance to the class.
- Please check the email updates from SMD Gurukulam for homework assignments, and events.
- Only one primary email account for student will be used. Parents should ensure that each email from Gurukulam is opened and follow the instructions without fail.
- Please make sure that the kids do not indulge in disruptive behavior at the classes.
- Please try to provide volunteer help.
- Please avoid business solicitations during the class time.
- Parents are requested to follow the guidelines and help their kids with any needed assistance on homework, activities, cultural and Gurukulam Day preparations.
- Bring Gurukulam material folder to the classes along with homework assignments.
- Do not disturb other students, and observe the class rules set by your teacher.
- Strictly follow all the instructions by your class teacher.
General Information to Parents:
- Please help teacher & non-teacher volunteers in every possible way that the children (and you, as parent(s)), have an enthusiastic learning experience.
- Please make sure that the entire class does not get disturbed because of a student or parent, particularly during late appearance.
- Each class will have opening prayer and closing prayer. Ensure that your kid participates in both prayers without fail.
- Please take lead roles for student projects, skits, play’s and other student activities.
- It is your responsibility to open, read and follow “Notes to Parents” communicated in the Gurukulam emails.
The syllabus will include lessons covering some of the following topics in each class (based on age):
- Arts & Crafts
- Dance and Music
- Indian Festivals
- Mythological Epics
9 . Yoga
- Class Projects
All are invited to enrol and benefit from the teachings of Vedic Heritage. Contact the Temple office for further details.